As you might imagine, talent and expertise matter a great deal to us, but we also care about “fit,” about your passions and how you want to make the world a better place. After all, we’re a dedicated team of pragmatic idealists that views sustainability as an innovation imperative.
We’re currently seeking to fill the following positions.STRATEGIC PLANNER
BBMG seeks a strategic planner to join our growing and values-driven team.
Successful strategic planners will have demonstrable experience in research and insights, as well as deeper expertise in one, or more, of the following areas: marketing planning and communications and/or innovation (enterprise strategy, products, services) and/or brand positioning
Last but not least, given BBMG’s primary mission of driving social impact, it goes without staying that knowledge of – and true passion for – best practices in CSR, sustainability innovation, social enterprise and mission-driven initiatives is a must.
The strategic planner we’re seeking is a curious generalist, someone who can discuss utopian literature as well as identify the implications of the latest market trends. Planners enjoy keeping their fingers on the pulse of culture, whether it is through voracious media consumption and designing research protocols or by carrying around a pocket-sized notebook wherever you go.
Our planners merge research, industry best practices, trends and intuition to be a thought partner in creating high-level plans and accompanying tactics that aid in the creation and communication of disruptive business ideas and delightful brand experiences.
Primary Role & Responsibilities:
- Own various qualitative and insight-based deliverables to drive customer understanding
- Play an active role in client presentations and overall strategic guidance through the life of engagements
- Act as liaison between strategy and creative, in lockstep with project managers
- Contribute to thought leadership, most often in the form of white papers, reports, blog posts and social media content
- 3-5+ years of truly relevant experience (please tell us where, what and how)
- Curious and resourceful; comfortable designing and implementing qualitative research, conducting consumer and stakeholder interviews, and uncovering unique sources of insight
- Demonstrated ability to connect strategy to execution
- Capacity to package information in clear, concise and impactful ways
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment with multidisciplinary teams
- Superior oral, written and interpersonal communications skills and presentation skills
- The ability to successfully manage multiple internal and external initiatives/projects in a deadline driven environment
- Authentic desire to work in a growing values-driven agency
BBMG provides full health care and dental coverage as well as a competitive salary, performance bonus, agency bonus, professional development and inspiration accounts, pre-tax commuter and medical benefits and and matching 401(k) based on experience and ability to meet above criteria.
All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Please email cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Strategic Planner” in the subject line.
No phone calls please, thanks for understanding.
BBMG is seeking a PM with astounding account and production management skills. Long story short, you are really good at getting ‘er done. The PM will work with multi-disciplinary teams of strategists, researchers, designers and outside partners in order to manage strategy, innovation and design engagements.
A PM is the gears, the translator and choreographer for managing client engagements at BBMG. At this consumer-centric, happy client-obsessed, brand innovation shop, that’s kind of a big deal. The right candidate is a strategic thinker with superior verbal and written communications skills and has the uncanny ability to hold many seemingly contradictory notions in harmony.
- Understands that success is 1% inspiration, 99% execution and boy do you know how to execute. You believe in walking the walk, not just talking the talk. Collaboratively.
- Able to sort through the detailed weeds and simultaneously see a project and objectives from 30,000 ft. Able to listen and act.
- Process-driven and outcome-driven. Owns and adapts the process to meet client goals and agency wins. Believes that nothing is one-size-fits-all and celebrates small wins. It’s about the journey and the result.
- Idealistic and pragmatic. Emphasis on the pragmatic amongst a shop of idealists.
- Speaks many languages…including client speak, partner speak, digital speak, storytelling speak, team speak (special consideration given to those who can also whisper to BBMG’s two canine companions, Hans and Harley) and the able to translate these languages to a singular, unifying language.
- Demonstrates facility with project management tools and always has additional tricks up one’s sleeve; ability to make excel and keynote “sing.”
- Sees juggling many balls as an opportunity to create order out of chaos.
- Can become a quick expert in any industry, research and market opportunity and knows where to look to find this information. Possesses an insatiable curiosity for identifying consumer and marketplace trends, specifically in consumer goods, services, innovation and sustainability.
- Demonstrates tenacity, empathy, compassion, humor and professionalism.
- “Duck-like”: glides effortlessly above the surface while paddling vigorously below in the water.
- The client’s go-to BBMG’er and daily point of contact (yes, that means managing names, phone calls and emails). Understand and anticipate client needs, internalize their goals, act as “the voice of the client” when they are not in the studio. Manage all client logistics, including client communication, project kickoffs and wrap-ups, check-ins, etc.
- Lead the “Define” phase in the BBMG process. At the outset of a client engagement, conduct a landscape “scrape” of relevant industry, client, product trends and reports to inform analysis (e.g., for STEEP, PEST analysis), specific questions to include in the “Briefcase” and the goals of the client kick-off.
- Lead the client kick-off meeting (with support of the lead strategist and other relevant team members) and hold the client accountable to requested materials.
- Stay ahead of client and industry trends throughout the engagement – share with the team and the client throughout the project.
- Keep the trains running internally, too. Coordinate internal BBMG team meetings and deliverables, including: presentations, materials/content/digital production; prepare agenda and appropriate documents; clarify goals and know when to step in if the meeting is going sideways. Shampoo, rinse, and repeat until it’s crystal clear that the right people are in the right seats on the right bus moving in the right direction.
- Coordinate timelines and milestones across multiple projects; make recommendations for adjustments based on capacity, cost and client needs.
- Budget cop. Own the P&L, forecast, update and monitor engagement budgets. Initiate honest conversations with the BBMG team if, when and why the team is over budget.
- Research and manage outside partners and vendor relationships on client engagements and support business development partnerships when applicable.
- Support innovation brainstorms, workshop development and facilitation when applicable.
- Anticipate and identify issues (large or small) long before they become roadblocks.
- Identify opportunities to do something new or different; such as incorporating new technologies and/or tools into our work. Learn and optimize.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven interest in branding and innovation for social good. Believes that brand-led businesses can provide tangible solutions for today’s challenges.
- 2 – 4 + years agency account management; must include direct client coordination, strategy and/or marketing and digital and/or social media experience
- Demonstrates comfort with brand management principles, innovation principles; demonstrate the ability to identify business objectives, social objectives and appropriate metrics.
- Demonstrates comfort working in a fast paced, dynamic and collaborative environment. Possesses the ability to think fast and methodically, to make informed decisions in the face of ambiguity.
- Shockingly great organizational and time management skills (tracks time better than a fancy Swiss watch, maybe you don’t even need a watch), loves calendars, dashboards, spreadsheets and visualizing time. This is another language you can speak.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (we will ask for writing samples, so feel free to send them in advance or point us to your blog, website, etc.)
- Enjoys problem-solving and being resourceful; knows how to be politely persistent when the situation calls for it.
- Familiarity working on a MAC and with standard software (MS Office, iWork, Adobe suite a plus)
- Creative and entrepreneurial spirit.
BBMG provides full health care and dental coverage as well as a competitive salary, individual performance bonus, agency bonus, pre-tax spending accounts and matching 401(k) based on experience and ability to meet above criteria.
All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “PM” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Thanks for understanding.
BBMG is seeking talented freelance graphic, interactive and new media designers to work with our design team on a range of exciting projects. Applicants must have a minimum of four years design experience, preferably with strategic branding assignments and corporate communications. Expertise in sustainable and experiential design is a plus. Must be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite.
If you’re interested in this position, please send cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“BBMG gave me a chance to mold my professional experience, but more importantly it gave me a chance to meet amazing people that have a contagious passion for what they’re doing. Gives me hope that you can find a job that changes the world, fulfills your goals and pays your bills!”
Hector Hernandez, Summer Associate