As you might imagine, talent and expertise matter a great deal to us, but we also care about “fit,” about your passions and how you want to make the world a better place. After all, we’re a dedicated team of pragmatic idealists that views sustainability as an innovation imperative.
We’re currently seeking to fill the following positions.STRATEGIC PLANNER
BBMG seeks a strategic planner to join our growing and values-driven team.
Successful strategic planners will have demonstrable experience in research and insights, as well as deeper expertise in one, or more, of the following areas: marketing planning and communications and/or innovation (enterprise strategy, products, services) and/or brand positioning
Last but not least, given BBMG’s primary mission of driving social impact, it goes without staying that knowledge of – and true passion for – best practices in CSR, sustainability innovation, social enterprise and mission-driven initiatives is a must.
The strategic planner we’re seeking is a curious generalist, someone who can discuss utopian literature as well as identify the implications of the latest market trends. Planners enjoy keeping their fingers on the pulse of culture, whether it is through voracious media consumption and designing research protocols or by carrying around a pocket-sized notebook wherever you go.
Our planners merge research, industry best practices, trends and intuition to be a thought partner in creating high-level plans and accompanying tactics that aid in the creation and communication of disruptive business ideas and delightful brand experiences.
Primary Role & Responsibilities:
- Own various qualitative and insight-based deliverables to drive customer understanding
- Play an active role in client presentations and overall strategic guidance through the life of engagements
- Act as liaison between strategy and creative, in lockstep with project managers
- Contribute to thought leadership, most often in the form of white papers, reports, blog posts and social media content
- 3-5+ years of truly relevant experience (please tell us where, what and how)
- Curious and resourceful; comfortable designing and implementing qualitative research, conducting consumer and stakeholder interviews, and uncovering unique sources of insight
- Demonstrated ability to connect strategy to execution
- Capacity to package information in clear, concise and impactful ways
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment with multidisciplinary teams
- Superior oral, written and interpersonal communications skills and presentation skills
- The ability to successfully manage multiple internal and external initiatives/projects in a deadline driven environment
- Authentic desire to work in a growing values-driven agency
BBMG provides full health care and dental coverage as well as a competitive salary, performance bonus, agency bonus, professional development and inspiration accounts, pre-tax commuter and medical benefits and and matching 401(k) based on experience and ability to meet above criteria.
All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Please email cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Please include “Strategic Planner” in the subject line.
No phone calls please, thanks for understanding.
BBMG is seeking a PM with astounding account and production management skills. Long story short, you are really good at getting ‘er done. The PM will work with multi-disciplinary teams of strategists, researchers, designers and outside partners in order to manage strategy, innovation and design engagements.
The right candidate will be a strategic thinker with superior verbal and written communications skills and have experience with issue-or cause-based communications.
A great sense of humor is a plus as well as a demonstrable sense of social responsibility.
- Understands that success is 1% inspiration, 99% execution and boy do you know how to execute
- Speaks many languages…including client speak, partner speak, digital speak, storytelling speak, team speak (special consideration given to those who can also whisper to BBMG’s two canine companions, Hans and Harley)
- Demonstrates facility with project management tools and always has additional tricks up one’s sleeve
- Sees juggling many balls as an opportunity to make order out of chaos vs. make a run for the door
- Clearly understands how the PM role is key to delighting our clients and making the world a better place
- Manage all client logistics, including client communication, project kickoffs and wrap-ups, materials/content/digital production and internal coordination with the BBMG team
- Coordinate timelines and milestones across multiple projects; make recommendations for adjustments based on capacity, cost and client needs
- Update, monitor and forecast engagement budgets
- Research and manage outside partners and vendors
- Schedule and facilitate important client-facing and/or internal meetings; prepare agenda and appropriate documents; clarify goals and know when to step in if the meeting is going sideways
- Anticipate and identify issues (large or small) long before they become serious challenges
- Identify opportunities to do something new or differently; including incorporating new technologies and/or tools into our work
- Proven interest in branding and innovation for social good
- 2-4+ years agency account management experience (or heavy intern experience that adds up to the same); must include direct client coordination, strategy and/or marketing and digital and/or social media experience
- Demonstrates comfort working in a fast paced, dynamic and collaborative environment
- Shockingly great organizational and time management skills (tracks time better than a fancy Swiss watch, maybe you don’t even need a watch)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (we will ask for writing samples, so feel free to send them in advance or point us to your blog, website, etc.)
- Enjoys problem-solving and being resourceful; knows how to be politely persistent when the situation calls for it
- Sharp attention to detail
- Familiarity working on a MAC and with standard software (MS Office, iWork, Adobe suite a plus)
- Creative and entrepreneurial spirit
BBMG provides full health care and dental coverage as well as a competitive salary, individual performance bonus, agency bonus, pre-tax spending accounts and matching 401(k) based on experience and ability to meet above criteria.
All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “PM” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Thanks for understanding.
BBMG is seeking talented freelance graphic, interactive and new media designers to work with our design team on a range of exciting projects. Applicants must have a minimum of four years design experience, preferably with strategic branding assignments and corporate communications. Expertise in sustainable and experiential design is a plus. Must be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite.
If you’re interested in this position, please send cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com.
“BBMG gave me a chance to mold my professional experience, but more importantly it gave me a chance to meet amazing people that have a contagious passion for what they’re doing. Gives me hope that you can find a job that changes the world, fulfills your goals and pays your bills!”
Hector Hernandez, Summer Associate