As you might imagine, talent and expertise matter a great deal to us, but we also care about “fit,” about your passions and how you want to make the world a better place. After all, we’re a dedicated team of pragmatic idealists that views sustainability as an innovation imperative.
We’re currently seeking to fill the following positions.COMMUNITY MANAGER
BBMG is seeking a Community Manager / Digital Strategist to engage BBMG’s online community of Aspirational Consumers, The Collective.
The Community Manager is responsible for the daily management of BBMG’s community and acts as the front line with community members, partners and clients. Key responsibilities include member communication, content development, event implementation, proactive management of the member experience, overall engagement and member recruitment. The right candidate should also have a passion for the space at the intersection of innovation, sustainability, technology and social purpose and an intellectual curiosity about the possibilities of audience collaboration as it relates to consumer engagement, insights and brand strategy.
- Moderate the BBMG community and serve as a voice and champion of the community across internal and client projects.
- Manage the daily message log of member messages, suggestions, comments and posts and escalate topics as necessary.
- Maintain and reply to weekly journal entries from members.
- Maintain unified conversations across standard social media platforms—Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Work with colleagues to confirm clear direction on identifying and tracking key insights during daily moderation.
Content Development and Recruitment
- Maintain community editorial calendar; execute weekly activities.
- Develop vision for community growth and participation, including: Member recruitment plan and schedule with target partner organizations, content strategy, email drafts, promotions, social media conversations, etc.
- Monitor and optimize community for performance, appeal and insights.
- Manage basic member requests and weekly community HTML emails.
Engagement Management and Brand Partners
- Work closely with colleagues to develop and incorporate event calendars for brand partners and clients.
- Contribute to client kickoff and planning calls w/engagement team.
- Develop content and execution strategy for client and internal projects.
- Lead creation of community project assets including copy, questions, calls to action, etc.
- Work with creative team to art direct community projects.
- Participate in status calls with partners and clients.
Reporting and Insights
- Provide weekly community status reports including community engagement tactics, hot community topics and project planning suggestions.
- Provide key community metrics to the strategy team as needed.
- Prepare event results from raw event data and format for brand partner and client delivery.
- Synthesize community exports into actionable insights and recommendations for client and internal projects as required.
Process and Protocols
- Evelate steps and templates for community activities including, client onboarding, event planning, reporting trends and insights
- Develop guidelines and process to incorporate the community seamlessly into BBMG client engagements, thought leadership and business development.
- Leverage BBMG’s business development and social media tools to raise awareness of the community.
- Contribute to BBMG thought leadership and white papers (i.e. providing examples, principles, tips and best practices for the white papers we have in development).
- Craft proposal language for The Collective.
- Build and enhance our portfolio of cases studies.
- Participate on pitch and partner calls/meetings with the business development team.
- Provide actionable insights and intelligence for business development opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven interest in branding and innovation for social good. Believes that brand-led businesses can provide tangible solutions for today’s challenges.
- Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Digital Media or related discipline.
- 2-5+ years of professional experience in social media, marketing, marketing research, technology or communications.
- Excellent writing skills, with an eye for proofreading and grammar.
- Internet and technology savvy with an understanding of chat rooms, blogs, social networking sites and consumer communities and a passion for the space.
- Experience developing marketing research surveys, moderating focus groups and/or online communities.
- Experience managing or implementing CRM email campaigns.
- Strong computer skills is a must, basic experience with HTML and CSS is a plus.
- Superior organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, prioritize daily activities and multi-task.
- The ability to work both independently with little supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to learn and work in a fast-paced and growing environment.
- Desire to come up with creative solutions to challenges or areas of improvement.
- A demonstrable sense of social responsibility.
- Creative and entrepreneurial spirit.
BBMG provides full health care and dental coverage as well as a competitive salary, individual performance bonus, agency bonus, pre-tax spending accounts and matching 401(k) based on experience and ability to meet above criteria.
All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Community Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Thanks for understanding.
BBMG is always on the lookout for bright, self-motivated graduate-level interns with proven strategy experience to join our brand innovation team for fall/winter/summer associate opportunities.
Successful candidates will have experience in brand/product/service innovation, marketing and communications. You also happen to believe that responsible business can change the world. Superior verbal and written communications skills are a must. A great sense of humor is a plus as well as a demonstrable sense of social responsibility.
Associates will be involved in all aspects of our work including, innovation sessions, research and client deliverables (i.e. presentations, briefs and analyses).
Other tasks may include writing and assisting with ad hoc tasks and internal projects as needed.
- Clear professional experience in strategy
- Understanding of branding, marketing and corporate responsibility
- Knowledge of tends in CSR and sustainability
- Excellent communicator, oral and written
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, juggle multiple projects and work independently in a fast-paced office
- Proven attention to detail
- Proficient on Mac platform, Working knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet research tools.
Applicants should have relevant professional experience and be completing graduate studies in Communications / MBA / or related field to be considered.
Internships are flexible and generally run on a semester schedule.
Please email cover letter, resume and a relevant work samples to: email@example.com. Please include “Graduate Strategy Associate” in the subject line.
No phone calls please, thanks for understanding.
BBMG is seeking talented freelance graphic, interactive and new media designers to work with our design team on a range of exciting projects. Applicants must have a minimum of four years design experience, preferably with strategic branding assignments and corporate communications. Expertise in sustainable and experiential design is a plus. Must be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite.
If you’re interested in this position, please email cover letter, portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Freelance” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Thanks for understanding.
“BBMG gave me a chance to mold my professional experience, but more importantly it gave me a chance to meet amazing people that have a contagious passion for what they’re doing. Gives me hope that you can find a job that changes the world, fulfills your goals and pays your bills!”
Hector Hernandez, Summer Associate